Forum » Glitches and Bugs » Youtube button thingy

1 2
August 11, 2015, 3:41 pm
Oken

Newcomer
Youtube button thingy

It doesnt work. always says cannot find youtube video. So therefore its broked. fix it with fire is my solution. if you dont know where the fire is i can make some.

August 20, 2015, 6:11 pm
Climax Connection

Site Administrator

Intermediate
Re: Youtube button thingy

I don't reveal the actual prices, but I only wish it had been that little!
August 20, 2015, 6:07 pm
Oken

Newcomer

Tell me you didnt pay $2000 for this.
August 20, 2015, 5:38 pm
Climax Connection

Site Administrator

Intermediate

I agree, but if they do not provide the source code, not much we can do.
August 20, 2015, 4:05 pm
Oken

Newcomer

alright, well i suppose it is for safety that you dont hand out what the program is to mysterious people like myself. kinda weird though if you bought the chat program for your site and it resides on your server which im guessing you either rent or own. then by most accords the program is yours to alter.
August 19, 2015, 4:07 pm
Climax Connection

Site Administrator

Intermediate

No, we had it white labeled to keep that private. They want to soak you on any customizations, that's where the real money for them lies, and even the customizations they can do are minimal, we can add sound effects, change the background colors, not a lot else.
August 19, 2015, 3:21 pm
Oken

Newcomer

Oh, Okay. May I know what flash chat program it is? Also do you not have access to any of the chat program, in terms of editing it to fix or remove things? I would think that even though you paid for the prgram you would be able to modify it.
August 18, 2015, 6:10 pm
Climax Connection

Site Administrator

Intermediate

Yes, the chat and the site are separate. The site is custom made to my specifications, no cookie cutter community shareware template crap here. I bought the chat and it is on my servers, but it was premade chat software, the best I could find with the most features. It is however flash, the site is not flash. Most people know flash is being used less and less and they are not fixing that broken Youtube feature, I emailed them about it months ago and was told they will not fix it, not for me, not for anyone that bought that software.

The chat itself currently works, as do most of the features in it. By using a third party feature like that, you do open yourself up to possibilities of problems. If Youtube had not changed their code, the feature in the chat would still work. So every time Youtube would make a code change, the chat people would need to make a patch for that. They have decided since flash is on its way out, it's not worth their time to make fixes like that.

I realize in time the chat will need to be replaced with a non flash version, but as it currently works and is very expensive to replace, it will be left as is for the time being. I'd like the video feature in it to work as well, but if they are not willing to fix that, there's nothing I can do about it, they make it so ones cannot access the code and fix it themselves.
August 18, 2015, 4:37 pm
Oken

Newcomer

Wait so the chat is a flash external off the site? And by what you are saying the chat itself was premade and the chat makers dont use it now? 
August 18, 2015, 4:30 pm
Climax Connection

Site Administrator

Intermediate

Ohhh, well you hadn't mentioned it was the chat Youtube video situation. Yes, we are aware of that and there's nothing we can do about it. Youtube changed their code, and the chat people decided not to update the chat, since the chat is flash and they have a newer version of the chat, so that feature will not be fixed, but it's not my fault, it's the chat people's fault.

The chat is not custom like the site, there's very little we can do to the chat. I don't even think we can remove the Youtube feature. Songs/vids that were added prior to the Youtube code change play, but ones keep adding them and we can't stop them, they don't seem to understand they won't display. I'm glad you explained it was the chat that the problem was in, as the site embeds as you can see are working, so I had no clue what you meant.
August 18, 2015, 2:17 pm
Oken

Newcomer

Err...not that Sharon. Yes you are correct THAT does work. the one for the chat that one doesnt work. i did say button, i wasnt aware there was a button for the profiles. or that i could do that but now i do. Yes, i was talkign abotu in the chat rooms they add video button and being able to post in there. it just constantly says cannot find youtube video.
1 2

You have to be logged in to reply!