Forum » Glitches and Bugs » Message problem

October 27, 2015, 1:58 pm
SakuraHot

Newcomer
Message problem

Hey I got a messages problem since like 3 days and it´s really annoying.

I see that I have 20 messages left to answer but only see 2 when i open my message link. When I answer the 2 I still see 20 not answered but I dont see them!

October 29, 2015, 2:20 am
Climax Connection

Site Administrator

Intermediate
Re: Message problem

Thank you, kinds words DO mean a lot, but I would appreciate some putting their money where their mouth is and see that less than 7 cents a day on their behalf would make it better for all of us here. I tell myself in time, even if a couple more years, it will pay off. Traffic will be a lot more, to make the ads pay more and more will get premium to help. Let's hope I'm right.
October 28, 2015, 5:22 pm
Climax Connection

Site Administrator

Intermediate

MissAndrene, as soon as the web host helps us, we will get it resolved. I cannot make them help me faster. We are totally at their mercy. I am not happy about this either. I simply cannot afford a better web host. Their service has just gone down the toilet and they are taking a very long time, up to 10 days +,  to reply to tickets. Unless I get a better host, sadly these are the issues I have to deal with. If only 5% of members got premium, I could get a first rate web host. It will be resolved, but I do not know when.

This site operates at a loss, hundreds of dollars a month out of my own pocket, it's a labor of love and altruism, there is no profit. I can't make people see the value of getting premium to make the site better overall, my pockets are only so deep. As much as I appreciate the few premium members we have, it would take 5% of the member base being paid level members to cover all running costs and have first rate hosting and add more features and get non flash chat. As an example, since ones have no clue to the costs of things, I priced out the non flash version of the chat we have, with customizations it would be over $10,000. Ones have no clue the costs of things. I'm not asking for ones to be premium members to line my own pockets, I'm asking for site improvements and running costs. I don't have the budget of Coca Cola Inc. here, I'm a one woman show in a difficult industry trying my best to survive. Please be patient as we do our best to wait for that cursed web host Arvixe to help us.
October 27, 2015, 11:15 pm
Climax Connection

Site Administrator

Intermediate

Shivers is correct, took me hrs to figure that out, someone is replying to an old message and it's not showing pink (unread) or at the top. We are terribly sorry for the issues, I am not happy about it and we are doing what we can to fix them. It is once again a web host issue due to the bungled server move 2 weeks ago. Things will get sorted out eventually, any regular users know how good and stable the site is. Problems are rare. So perhaps make a new message rather than reply to an old one, and as I say in another thread, Hotmail, Outlook, are blocking the new server ip's, so if you want notification emails, please use a non Microsoft email.

You have to be logged in to reply!