Forum » Writing tips and advice » Story and Audio Submissions Guidelines

November 5, 2012, 7:43 am
Climax Connection

Site Administrator

Intermediate
Story and Audio Submissions Guidelines

I think there needs to be some guidelines here for audio and story submissions.

Things MUST be your own work. NO exceptions. I have had several submission by people of other people's work from other sites story sections. This is not allowed and not acceptable. If you wrote it yourself, that is fine that it is posted elsewhere, but for people to take others work and submit it here that is not their own and submit it as their own or just a story they find interesting is not allowed. Nor are links to stories on other sites allowed on your profile page.

There must be proper formatting. I have had submissions with not one use of punctuation nor one paragraph break. A solid block of writing. I can tell you right now, it will not even be read or skimmed in such a state.

Chat logs of cyber sex encounters do not count as erotic works of fiction and will be rejected.

Ones have submitted random ramblings of things that are neither stories nor fiction. Get a blog, it's not appropriate to post those things here.

This is not Youtube. I have had a few different people submit audios of songs if you can believe it. Audios are only acceptable of you reading a story or poem you yourself wrote or of sex sounds of you or you and your partner, and you must have their permission if it's more than one person in the audio.

We reserve the right to reject audios not only for content against the rules, but background noise deemed to be excessive or distracting and overall poor sound quality or content deemed irrelevant. We are not obligated to toss up anything that is submitted to us.

Audios must be 2 minutes minimum length, unless they are a voice greeting or poem. We have had a number of submissions under 30 seconds long, it's getting ridiculous, so guidelines need to be set.

Stories need to be minimum 750 words.

This thread is locked, posting is disabled!