Forum » Feature Requests » Website accessibility or mobile app

July 6, 2019, 3:07 pm
Kodebreak3r

Newcomer
Website accessibility or mobile app

Hi everyone. I love this website to death, and I’ve only been on it for a few days. It’s really allowed me to branch out and be a little bit more adventurous. The social aspect of this website is wonderful, and I would hope that everyone agrees with me when I say this platform should be brought to more people. I myself am severely visually impaired, and I use screen readers and other assistive technologies to help me navigate the Internet  when I need to or want to. Some websites don’t work very well with my screen readers or braille display, so there is some content that is just not available for me. Thankfully, this website is not one of those. However, there are some things that I would like to see improve. I have a couple of suggestions: 
1.  Please add alt text to photos. This is a necessity for those of us with a hard time seeing photos. Alt text gives those with low vision some thing to tell them what they should be looking for. Sometimes people look at photos and get very disoriented because they’re not entirely certain what the picture is of. Alt text allows there to be a brief description of each photo  that is either read out loud by a screen reader, or placed in the position where the file name would otherwise be on a braille display.  
2.  Somehow, the chat plug-in should be made more accessible to mobile users. I’m using an iPhone 7, and whenever I try to load the chat page, it just gives me an empty screen and nothing to interact with.  
3.  If it is within the means of the developers of this website, createmobile app. This would solve all of the problems that I brought up earlier and then some.   This would be a fantastic social network that I think would get legitimate mainstream exposure if it was a mobile app. I think that’s just a solid marketing decision. If you made it this far, thanks for reading. As I said before, I love the website and I want to see it improve. Have A nice day

You have to be logged in to reply!