Forum » Important Announcements » Messaging Issues

October 25, 2015, 5:52 pm
Climax Connection

Site Administrator

Intermediate
Messaging Issues

Since the server move on Oct. 14, 2015 there have been several problems crop up. It's the web host that bungled the server move quite badly and it's affecting the site. We are aware of messaging issues and trying to get to the bottom of them even though it is through no fault of our own. Also, the new ip's we were given have been blocked by Hotmail, so any members that signed up with a Hotmail email, I'd suggest to change it to a Yahoo or Gmail one, since Hotmail is blocking all emails and there seems to be no way to get them to unblock it. Their support gives you the runaround and there's no way to get real help.

We are aware of the fact that numbers on the chat page are not accurate to what is actually in the chat. Again, the server move severely screwed that up, and they as of yet have not gotten to where the issue is. We are not intentionally trying to mislead anyone. All these things worked fine before that move that we didn't even ask for that was done to us.

Why not get a better host? I'd love to. However, with so few members buying the premium level, that is simply out of the question. I have always been honest about site running costs, and the simple fact is 3/4ths still come out of my pocket each and every month. To get a first rate host would be double the cost of what it is now. I am not increasing my burden financially further than I already do. So I'm afraid people will just have to live with these issues until the web host corrects them, and they take their sweet time in doing so. This site is not a profit venture, believe me. My goal is to get at least 5% of members getting the annual premium level, it would be better for the site. Better hosting, more features, more advertising. I do the best I can under the circumstances.

So as I said, if you have a Hotmail email associated with your account, or really any Microsoft email, MSN, Outlook, I suggest to get a non Microsoft one, since you will not be getting any notification emails if you do. We appreciate the support of our loyal members and your patience as we work through these issues with the web host.

November 13, 2015, 11:28 pm
Climax Connection

Site Administrator

Intermediate
Re: Messaging Issues

The messaging issues are fixed.
November 13, 2015, 2:29 am
eric60red

Fledgling
Re: Messaging Issues

i understand and forgive you ;)

You have to be logged in to reply!