Forum » Important Announcements » New chat options and future site features

October 29, 2012, 5:36 pm
Rob_

Premium Member

Newcomer
New chat options and future site features

I would like to start by apologising to those having trouble with our chat rooms. Over the last couple of months we have been trying our best to make the chat rooms work and add in new features that users would like to see.

We have looked into a lot of different options and spent a lot of money trying to get the desired look, feel, features and fixes but to our disappointment, we are very limited on what we can do.

So because of this we are exploring other chat software.

What does this mean for you?

Well, not a great deal at the moment. We will be trying out new chat software over the coming months to find one that fits our every need and gives the users the best chat experience we can. For the time being we are hoping to keep the current chat up and running while we do this, though there will no doubt be issues at times and we may see chat go down or not work for the vast majority of users.

With the new chat rooms we are also hoping to include video (Cam to cam) features and audio, though these features will be tied into a new premium membership we are working on, the rest of the chat rooms and so on will still be free to use.

Over the next couple of months we will be looking for members to test out our new chat software. This poses a problem of, who do we allow to test out the new chat and we have decided to run a number of light hearted contests through the forums, the winners of these contests will be granted the ability to use the new chat rooms. This is not set in concrete just yet and we may open the chat rooms to all users depending on if we can keep the current chat running at the same time.

We are listening to all the feedback we have got so far and trying our very best to implement the best of that feedback but things do not happen over night and with any website of this size, adding new features takes time. We are very grateful for all those that have stuck with us and have helped by pointing out bugs and glitches. We will continue to do our very best to fix these as soon as possible once we are aware of them.

Lots of bugs and glitches have been fixed, we have added some new features like the wall, picture navigation and are currently working on how your messages show in inbox. We are looking at adding a shop in the coming months too, were you will be able to browse some of the best selling adult toys and accessories from around the internet.

We will be looking at a new way to show when you have a new message or friend request and hopefully adding some of our first moderating staff members.

We have some new features being explored for profiles and lots of little additions throughout the site. Friday we had a large update to the site that has fixed 85% of the glitches and bugs, once we get that percentage to 100 we will move on to the next stages of improving the site.

Again we apologise for the time it takes and are very grateful to the users for sticking with us and helping us improve the site.

December 16, 2012, 8:10 pm
Climax Connection

Site Administrator

Intermediate
Re: New chat options and future site features

No one is under any obligation to upgrade. All features here now will remain free. But if ones want a little extra, it will be available for them. You have no idea what it costs to get a site like this up and maintain and run it. Do you think it runs for free? Trust me, it doesn't. And if every feature here remains free, why would people leave just because extra features are offered? That doesn't even make sense. Plentyoffish is a free site, most users use it for free, but even they have a paid level for ones that want it.
November 30, 2012, 6:44 pm
Rob_

Premium Member

Newcomer

Hello hereshoping,

I understand how you feel and that is why our premium membership will only give people a little extra custom feel to their time here and not make a distinction between the two sets of users.

They will be features every user can live without but if you fancy say, having a passworded photo album, adding images into your forum post, using our video to video chat rooms, remove the ads on the site for example, then you would need to be a premium member.

This is not us being greedy and taking everyones money, the site costs money to run, adding new features costs money and without things like a premium membership or donate, we would never be able to keep the site running, let alone add new features.

It will not be an outrageous amount of money, i wish we never had to charge a single penny and everything could be free forever but sadly to bring you all features and to keep the site up and running, we need to bring in money too.

Believe me when i tell you, this is not something we are rushing, we are taking our time and working out the best way to add a premium membership without taking anything away from those users who do not wish to upgrade.

There will be more detailed updates in the future and the users will have input.
November 9, 2012, 8:06 am
Climax Connection

Site Administrator

Intermediate

Have you tried different browsers? I can get into chat in IE, Chrome and Firefox.

You have to be logged in to reply!