Forum » Chat » Chat Freezing After Looking At Profiles

July 27, 2017, 10:27 am
Climax Connection

Site Administrator

Intermediate
Chat Freezing After Looking At Profiles

We are aware some users the past couple of days are having an issue with the chat freezing after they click on someone's profile in the list to look at it and then having to refresh the screen. There is not much we can do about this, so I'm sorry if you have to refresh the screen and lose any current chats. We tried restarting it and it didn't help.

The new non flash chat is currently being made, but we do not have a final ready by date yet, but it's not long off now. We will want some members that are big chatters to be beta testers for it before it is switched out with the current chat. Please message me or post here if you'd be interested in testing it. Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience of this current freezing issue.

July 27, 2017, 11:56 am
MissLuna

Newcomer
Re: Chat Freezing After Looking At Profiles

I have a much easier solution. I switched from Google Chrome to Mozilla Firefox and it hasn't happened once on Firefox whereas it happened multiple times a day on Chrome.
July 27, 2017, 10:55 am
Sensual Sharon

Intermediate

I will try that resizing trick, it's only happened to me the last couple of days and someone mentioned it to me this morning, so I had it restarted, but it made no difference. Thank you, I will contact you when it's ready to test. I tried the resizing thing, when it's frozen for me, it worked. You resize the entire browser window, not just the chat boxes, as that part is all frozen. If this is in fact a browser issue, there's nothing we can do about it. The new chat is coming, fear not! Flash is being retired and even though it's not technically yet, more and more issues are cropping up with flash applications in all browsers, so I'm really glad I commissioned this chat. When I did, these issues that are happening the last few weeks were not happening, so it would have been worse had new chat not been ordered.
July 27, 2017, 10:30 am
Thick Black Cock

Newcomer

I've been having this issue for the last couple of months and suggested to other users resizing the window when that happens. It's an easy fix for me that does not require a restart.

I also would not mind being a beta tester if the offer is extended to me.

You have to be logged in to reply!